The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The only reason that we don't open our hearts and minds to other people is that they trigger confusion in us that we don't feel brave enough or sane enough to deal with. To the degree that we look clearly and compassionately at ourselves, we feel confident and fearless about looking into the someone else's eyes.

--Pema Chodron


Thanks Pema! As usual, you Rock!
Just as the fog starts to settle in like pea soup and I can't even find my hand in front of my face, someone, something, reminds me that behind the fog, behind the clouds, the sky is still blue. The sun is still shining. We can still experience a wide open expansive state of awakening.
It's right there!


1 comment:

Lemony said...

I absolutely love this, and almost found I had to look away from it, as I was reading it, because I couldn't quite take it at the moment, the truth that is. And yet, there it is.