The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Monday, January 31, 2011

my master is at the door


This morning I threw the map aside, exasperated
but it clung to my fingers

After lunch, I stepped over the threshold of my house
and did a victory dance to the Sun King
We're breathing, I said

A tufted titmouse searching for love
in all the right places
unlike some humans I know
sang one note and one note only
for love
and love and love and love and love
knew this name
which is your name

This evening we will have snow
Why fixate on the mundane when all of this is happening around you and in you
it is for you
pick it up again
as when you dropped out
from between your mother's legs
to be here
and you had this awareness without being aware

Love, I left the house key on the hall table
but I feel its outline in my pocket


Self Portrait in the snow at the Tea House
Saturday, January 29, 2011


No comments: