The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Osho Ordination, 10-10-10

I'm the one in the middle with the big stick, in case you didn't recognize me....also with the big smile on my face....a white robe, a black kesa with golden dragonflies, and a new title, Osho! That's me, but just to get all Zen on you, what me is it?

What is this?

I've probably spent many, many life-times asking this question, and this life-time is no different. Not a question I am bound to answer in this life-time, but who knows?

It's a question I ask myself all the time, especially when I think I have an answer.
"Oh really?" I hear a voice ask, "Is that true?"

The day was warm and bright, a little burnished with Autumn already at hand. Many people came to celebrate, and as we bowed to one another, touching heads, hugging, smiling, there were so many emotions swirling through my heart and body, a body that can do full prostrations.... a photograph of my parents on the Butsudan, a poem by Rumi recited by Sensei, and then another by Rengetsu, my husband with his camera and a serious look, ice cream with every imaginable topping, including gummi bears and homemade hot fudge sauce, my dharma sisters beside me all the way, a tune played on the guitar, written just for the occasion by a brother, and the sense that, no matter what, no matter what life brings, I will always live by the indestructible vow of the Triple Gem, the Buddha, the Dharma, the Sangha, the flow and exchange of the Unborn, Bankei's Unborn and Brookie's Unborn!

What is this?

I began this blog almost 3 years ago, as a response to a curiosity that did not kill the cat, but fed the cat, who turned into a lion that needed to be, in turns, tamed and liberated, integrated and vanquished in the alchemist's crucible, and then released back into the wilderness, where wild flowers and honey fed the lion over and over again, until finally, the cat appeared once more, licking a paw... but where the boundaries lie is of little import....

Keep asking. Don't stop! What is this?





1 comment:

Mike said...

So happy for you Brookie! _/|\_