The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Friday, December 4, 2009

I have been asked many questions in my life about poetry, religion, life, and I have given precisely the same number of answers, but I have never, I repeat, never, satisfied a single interlocutor.  Why? Because all questioning is a way of avoiding the real answer, which, as Zen tells us, is really known already.  Every man is enlightened, but wishes he wasn't.  Every man knows he must love his enemies, and sell all he has and give to the poor, but he doesn't wish to know it--so he asks questions.


--R.H. Blyth

*********
This is the 200th entry to the blue lotus seed blog, hope you have enjoyed it!
Gassho, Brookie

No comments: