The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Friday, February 27, 2009

Nothing is born.  Nothing is destroyed.  Away with your dualism, your likes and dislikes.  Every single things is just One Mind.  When you have perceived this, you shall have mounted the Chariot of the Buddhas.

--Huang Po




I don't know much about the "Chariot of the Buddhas", but I do know that duality exhausts me--the mind searches endlessly to compare, categorize and maintain its never ending need for dualism, for separatness. The order we imagine we gain is stifling and static, a place for stagnation.
So I ask my mind, in meditation, to help my mind consider a situation or object or thought from many angles, and from each angle there is a new viewpoint provided.  Yet all viewpoints are interconnected, sparkling brightly from Indra's Net, and there is no separation!  No dualism!
Can we bring this insight from our meditation, into daily life?  What comes with us as we rise from the cushion?  Do we walk away from, or do we walk with these simple realizations?  And who is it that does the walking after the awakening?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aaah, yes: duality. Just be glad you ain't a damned Gemini like ME, Sweetie. I've already made it clear that, next life, I want to be another sign thank you very much!