The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Early June Photographs, As Spring Fades Into Summer


My husband and I are spending time on the Dickinson College Farm this Summer, clearing and weeding an old patch of medicinal herbs, pulling reluctant weeds and grappling with black flies, which only seem to like me.  He likes to visit the new born lambs, who are actually growing like weeds.


Miso has always adored this wrist mala that I found in California several years ago.  It slips over her big head and looks very pretty when she wears it, but it confuses her to have the mala around her neck….so we toss it on the bed and she rolls around with it, happy.


And sitting, trying a new mudra, Aakesh Mudra, for clearing, emptying, providing space within the body and heart-mind.  I'm not sure, but this mudra may also be beneficial for clearing, emptying, providing space in attics, closets and under beds….If only it was that easy.



Finally, the sweetest treat of early June--Fresh Strawberries!! In this case, organic from the Dickinson College Farm.  Yes, that's vanilla bean gelato, and the strawberries didn't need any more sweet, but I'm afraid I did.  Fresh Strawberries will not last long here, but while they do, they will find their way onto our daily menu.  This morning I even imagined taking a bowl of whipped cream out to the field, sitting amongst the berries, picking a few, urging the bugs off, and simply indulging.



The practice of bowing, a bit of princess flair added, with the apple of my eye!

May you be well my little love
May you be free

No comments: