Thursday, July 5, 2012
Still California Dreamin....
Ocean Beach, May 20th, during the Solar Eclipse...when we arrived with our bottle of wine and warm clothes, surfers were just getting out of the water...it seemed no one wanted to be surfing during the eclipse. Maybe it effected the waves.
The setting sun in eclipse cast such a strange light on the beach.
Samantabhadra, the Bodhisattva of Practice and Action, from the Asian Art Museum Collection.
Samantabhadra made 10 great vows on the path to Buddhahood, as the Buddha said in the Avatamsaka Sutra:
1. To pay homage and respect to all Buddhas
2. To praise all the Buddhas
3. To make abundant offerings
4. To repent misdeeds and evil karmas
5. To rejoice in others merits and virtues
6. To request the Buddhas to continue teaching
7. To request the Buddhas to remain in the world
8. To follow the teachings of the Buddhas at all times
9. To accommodate and benefit all living beings
10. To transfer all merits and virtues to benefit all beings
And that pretty much sums up all practice and action!
Random Bones, Supine, Installation by Mother Nature, named by a human being, a hillside in the Presidio
Woodline, an installation by Andy Goldsworthy, 2010,
Lover's Lane, the Presidio
and please check out www.flickr.com/groups/presidiosf/pool/
Offerings in the Asian Art Museum and Umbrellas at the Parade
and this, a love letter, answered