The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Who Is The Dragon's Gate?

It can be helpful to remind yourself who you truly are. You are not your body. You are not your mind. You are not your emotions. You are not your ego. Your true nature is goodness, and it is eternal.

--Cheri Huber
www.livingcompassion.org



I dreamed this morning that my little grand-daughter-to be, due on earth in May, had already been born.
Her parents handed her to me, and she looked very beautiful, so very new and clear.
As I held her, she looked at me and said, "I love you."
We leaned our foreheads toward one another until they were touching, and smiling, I could feel our Buddha Nature and the ultimate truth of this moment.
I thought, "Ah, mind to mind."

We separated and I asked her parents, "Did you hear what she said?"
Still in my arms, she began to sing one of my favorite songs, Aquas de Marco, by Antonio Carlos Jobim, but was singing it in English.
I laughed and began to sing it to her in Portuguese.

And then the moment had passed. No one else knew that she could already speak, could already sing, and that she was Buddha!
But I knew they would find out in time....

No comments: