The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swiss Chard Smoothie (uh-hu, smoothie!)

1 Bunch swiss chard
1/2 Cup frozen raspberries
1/2 Cup frozen pineapple
1/2 Cup frozen peaches
3 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (My typo here was "fresh mind"before I "corrected" it.....well, use that too!)
Ice
1/4 Cup orange juice

Combine swiss chard, raspberries, pineapple, peaches and orange juice in blender.

Add a few ice cubes, as needed, to the blender.

Pour into a tall glass and garnish with additional mint, if you like.

Source: My Fiance Likes It So It Must Be Good (blogspot.com)

Haven't tried it yet, but this is a great way to get the good greens I don't have much of a hankering for! Bitter is not one of those tastes I enjoy, but this must be yummy and sweet.
Have Fun, and throw in other berry/fruit combinations!

No comments: