The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Today is my Birthday.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank my parents for giving me this precious human birth, so that I can practice the Dharma, the Way of the Bodhisattva.
When I began my practice 6 years ago, part of what inspired me was a dream I had, and in this dream, my father, who died in 1998, sat with me and told me that I needed to take responsibility for my death, that it was the most important thing I could do while I lived.
Since that dream, and many others, I have tried to do my father's bidding, in whatever permutation that might take.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of my teachers, past, present and future, without whose attention and patience and compassion I simply could not grow in the Dharma.
To my Sensei, who has pointed out the Way time and time again, to someone who insists still on looking at the finger pointing at the moon, my deep gratitude!
To my Dharma Sisters and Brothers, who have always practiced great humor in our journey together, keeping me centered in the present, many bows.
And to my family, the greatest gratitude--none of you ever signed up for a mate or a mom who is also a struggling Buddhist Priest. Thank you for allowing my Buddha Nature to shine, and for reminding me when the dust needs to be cleared.
Deep bows to you all, without you there would be virtually no practice!

Namu Amida Budsu!

No comments: