by Jennifer Iserloh
1 Tbls unsalted butter
1 piece of ginger, (about 1 inch) peeled
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C amaretto
1 bag (15 oz) frozen or fresh cranberries
1 bag (10 oz) frozen cherries
1/4 C sugar
1. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Cook ginger and cinnamon until ginger becomes fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Carefully add amaretto and cook until liquid thickens and reduces by half, about 1 minute.
4. Add cranberries, cherries, sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
5. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cranberries break apart and sauce thickens, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
7. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 1 week.
YUM! Happy Thanksgiving!