The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Friday, July 2, 2010

A Buddhist Reaction

Liturgical Reading for the Gulf and All Beings Touched by the Oil


























I am the green plant and the plant-eating dinosaur that became oil.

I am the car driver
and the gas station attendant,
the buyer of water in plastic bottles
and the sea turtle choking on the plastic.

I am the oil rig worker
and the petroleum executive,
the investor and the pension holder.

I am the voter, the senator,
the lobbyist and the energy regulator.

I am the Gulf shrimper and the oil-soaked pelican,
and the plankton swiring in the oil plume.

I am the tanker crewman,
the blue sea filling with oil
and the seafood cook.

May the ocean, the marshes, the cost, and all beings be healed.

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.

May we all find wise and Compassionate ways to inter-be.

--Osho Ginny Parkum
June 30, 2010


We dedicate this practice to the welfare of all beings throughout space and time.

No comments: