The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BLUE LOTUS SEED!



















in the mud, growing
lotus seed...what color will it be...
blue!

haiku by Osho Ginny Parkum
photo by David Bowers


How has a year gone by, since The Blue Lotus Seed began?  129 entries later, what have I communicated, what have I learned, what have I shared?  
There is still a seed here, but the blue lotus flowers into 1000 petals, withers and dies back, dissolves, begins again.  
Other seeds have been dropped into the mud from the original flower, after Mahakashyapa's simple smile initiated the cycle.  
Other flowers have opened to the sun after Bodhidharma was seen walking West with his staff, one shoe dangling from his shoulder.  He spoke to no one on his way home.
Other flowers have died back and withered after my father died, and I dreamed that he had become a pond, supporting an abundance of cattails, rushes, lotus, pond life.
Later, in yet another dream, he exhorted me to take responsibility for my death, and so I consciously stepped onto a path that is unborn and undying, a path I have always been on.  
I don't know where I am going, there's no where to go.
I don't know who I am, there's no one to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to hear this blog is celebrating its first birthday. Many more to come!