The Buddha, The Dharma, The Sangha

"Spiritual powers and their wondrous functioning--hauling water and carrying firewood." --Layman Pang, upon his realization

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Another View, part 4

4pm at the super market on a Friday afternoon with D, holiday music in the background.
We've got Pink Lady apples, avacado, Bosc pears and Wendsleydale cheese with cranberries in the cart--the Wendsleyale's a splurge, but it's Wallace & Grommit's favorite cheese, so we agree, we've gotta give it a try....We choose a loaf of bread, then head to the prepared soups for a simple dinner.
Vegetarian Black Bean!  Yes!
D decides on Seafood Bisque and takes a big container.  As I watch him, I am suddenly, deeply touched by his presence.
In an instant, I think, I love him, how amazing...this is love....I stand and watch him ladle soup into the container, put the top on, take a few cracker packs.  I know I have a silly smile on my face, and people are walking around me. D is unaware, as he hands me his soup and crackers, but here is my confession--simple, simple, simple.


my husband
a leaf in his pocket
love 

No comments: